The poker landscape has seen a litany of changes in 2012, and as the year winds toward a close it’s once again time for the BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards. Your votes will decide the winners in 14 unique categories covering all of the players, personalities, locations and content the poker world has to offer.
It seems the most fluid list of nominees for the Reader’s Choice Awards belongs to Favorite Web-based Poker Show. Just two of the five nominees on the ballot last year return to this year’s voting – “QuadJacks Radio” and “TwoPlusTwo PokerCast.”
There is a definite shift in focus this year to live poker streams. Two of the five shows up for voting feature championship final table streams and one cash game stream. Viewers are able to watch hand-for-hand players’ path to victory which has always been a criticism of poker shows on TV.
Last year’s winner, “The Micros,” took home 33% of the voting in one the closer races. “ESPN Inside Deal” finished a close second with 22.5% of the votes, just one percent more than “TwoPlusTwo PokerCast” with 21.5%. Rounding out the bottom were “QuadJacks Radio” with 13% and the now defunct “The Jess and BJ Show” with 9.5%.
This year’s nominees include:
- “QuadJacks Radio”
- “Live at the Bike”
- “TwoPlusTwo PokerCast”
- “WPT Final Table Live Stream”
Voting for the 2013 BLUFF Reader’s Choice Awards opens on November 28 at BLUFF.com.
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Blake Bohn is Short Stacked in the Main Event but Long on Experience - July 14, 2015
- New Jersey Online Player Thomas Cannuli Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 13, 2015
- Andrew Moreno Believes He’s Headed for the November Nine - July 13, 2015
- Steve Gross Staying in the Moment Despite Playing for Millions - July 13, 2015
- Former National Champ Jonathan Hilton Inching Toward November Nine - July 12, 2015