The Borgata Winter Open Main Event is no longer part of the World Poker Tour but that doesn’t mean the event, with a $2 million guaranteed prize pool, isn’t considered a major by the games best players.
A total of 1,017 players paid the $3,200 buy-in to push the total prize pool to $3,050,000 and included amongst the two startind day fields were Ted Forrest, Cliff “JohnnyBax” Josephy, Tiffany Michelle, Lacey Jones, Kathy Liebert, Hevad Khan, defending World Series of Poker Ladies champion Svetlana Gremenkova, Maria Ho, Ari Engel, Bill Edler, Eric Lynch and Amnon Fillipi.
The chip leader after all the dust settled through the two Day 1’s is George Medrano with 242,900. A total of 710 players survived and will return to the felt at the Borgata Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City to chase down the $658,405 first place prize. The most well recognizable face in the top ten is Mark Seif who will unbag 197,000 chips on Tuesday afternoon, good enough for tenth.
Even with nearly 70% of the field returning on Day 2 thanks to one of the best tournament structures going there were a few big names who didn’t survive. Tiffany Michelle, Shaun Deeb, Eric Lynch, Matt Matros, Ari Engel and Maria Ho were all sent to the rail.
Action resumes Tuesday with players starting the action at Level 9 (500/1,000 – 100 ante).
Borgata Winter Open Top 10 Day 2 Chip Counts
- George Medrano – 242,900
- Hamid Kashvari – 237,100
- Jerry Maher – 226,000
- Jason Cossifos – 222,700
- Joel Shulruf – 221,700
- Michael Contessa – 221,400
- Alex Kuchik – 215,100
- Philip Gurian – 213,100
- Kyle Burnside – 202,400
- Mark Seif – 197,000
Latest posts by Lance Bradley (see all)
- Bated Breath: Daniel Negreanu On the Verge of the November Nine - July 14, 2015
- Roommates Chad Power and Chris Brand Sharing Main Event Success - July 13, 2015
- Sports Reporter Jeff Platt Back in the WSOP Main Event Spotlight - July 11, 2015
- In For a Penny: Tommy Yates Hopes to Keep WSOP Main Event Run Going - July 11, 2015
- Akash Malik Hoping to Represent India Come November - July 10, 2015