Every year, as the World Series of Poker schedule winds down, players look for a “summer saver” – a tournament that gets them back to even or makes them profitable should they manage to cash. After a dramatic final hand on Day 2 of the $500,000 buy-in Super High Roller Bowl seven players have found themselves with a legendary summer saver and a chance at winning over $7.5 million.
Brian Rast finished Day 2 with an impressive chip lead, bagging up 7,980,000 – more than double any other player. Rast busted Andrew Robl on the final hand of the night to not only solidify the chip lead, but bust the bubble as well. Robl finished eighth putting the seven remaining players in the money and pausing action for the night.
Scott Seiver is the player closest to Rast’s lead. Seiver, who started the day second in chips, finished with 3,950,000. The only other player above the 3,000,000 mark is David Peters with 3,015,000.
Erik Seidel, Timofey Kuznetsov, Tom Marchese and Connor Drinan make up the rest of the field chasing down Rast and the title.
The day started with 27 players still chasing the $7,525,000 first place prize money. Included in the 20 players who fell on Friday were Daniel Negreanu, Jason Koon, Dan Colman, Phil Galfond and Bobby Baldwin. Amateur Bill Klein, who finished runner-up in the WSOP One Drop High Roller last week, was also eliminated.
Action resumes Saturday at 2 pm PT. There is no live stream of the final table but the tournament will be broadcast by NBCSports later this fall.
- Brian Rast – 7,980,000
- Scott Seiver – 3,950,000
- David Peters – 3,015,000
- Erik Seidel – 1,930,000
- Timofey Kuznetsov – 1,725,000
- Tom Marchese – 1,705,000
- Connor Drinan – 1,295,000
Latest posts by Lance Bradley (see all)
- Bated Breath: Daniel Negreanu On the Verge of the November Nine - July 14, 2015
- Roommates Chad Power and Chris Brand Sharing Main Event Success - July 13, 2015
- Sports Reporter Jeff Platt Back in the WSOP Main Event Spotlight - July 11, 2015
- In For a Penny: Tommy Yates Hopes to Keep WSOP Main Event Run Going - July 11, 2015
- Akash Malik Hoping to Represent India Come November - July 10, 2015