Peter Dicks, Chairman of Sportingbet Plc, parent company of Paradise Poker, was arrested yesterday in New York on charges of providing “gambling by computer.”
Sportingbet realeased the following statement:
“Mr Dicks was detained at JFK Airport, New York, by officers of the Port Authority of New York, whilst travelling from London to the US on non-Sportingbet related business. Mr Dicks has since attended a hearing in New York City. At this hearing he was served with a warrant for his arrest initiated by the Louisiana State Police for the alleged violation of Louisiana State laws relating to gambling by computer (LA R.S. 14:90.3(E), Gambling by Computer).
Dicks was reportedly released today on $50,000 bail, and is scheduled to appear in court on September 14.
The arrest has many in the online gaming industry worried, especially since the news comes just two months after BetOnSports Plc Cheif Executive David Curruthers was arrested in the US on racketeering charges.
It is not clear what impact these recent arrests will have on the online gambling industry in the US, but BLUFF will keep you updated as the story develops.
Latest posts by BLUFF Staff (see all)
- DraftKings Offering Millionaire Maker for Golf’s Third Major - July 13, 2015
- DraftKings Offering Last Chance to Qualify for 2015 WSOP Main Event - July 1, 2015
- DraftKings Offering Friday Night Double Header of $3 Fun - June 26, 2015
- DraftKings Rolls Out $2.5 Millionaire Maker This Week Only - June 17, 2015
- Turn $27 Into a WSOP Main Event Seat on DraftKings Friday Night - June 12, 2015