Breaking news: Dan Colman had an amazing 2014 – he won over $22 million, binked about every high roller he played and became the most talked about player in poker without saying a word.
Colman is the only player that we can remember to hold the top spot on the Power Rankings with zero cashes from the previous year. That puts him above Mike Leah, Ole Schemion and Daniel Negreanu – who have all had an amazing stretches as well.
Mukul Pahuja moved the most, climbing nine spots to number 7 and Pratyush Buddiga broke into the rankings in the 19th spot. Olivier Busquet and Paul Volpe both slipped the most moving six spots downwards.
Pahuja picked up his second World Series of Poker Circuit ring just days before Christmas by winning the WSOP Circuit Atlantic City Main Event for $148,345 and 154 POY points. He defeated Jake “PSUTennis” Toole heads-up with Michael Dentale and Adam Teasdale.
Buddiga normally doesn’t play enough volume to compete for title rankings, but he had a hot month which cracked him into the top 20 spots. First he took third in the ACOP Super High Roller in Macau for $844,660 and 125 POY points. Then he traveled to Vegas for a $25,000 Aria High Roller event and took it down for $543,683 and 235 POY points. He had three other six-figure scores in the year – including the $100,000 Bellagio Super High Roller in June.
Busquet dropped in the rankings from his EPT Prague High Roller runner-up finish in 2013. The same went for Volpe – he had a score from the Prague High Roller and Main Event that lost value.
BLUFF Poker Player Power Rankings (as of January 5)
- Daniel Colman – 1,447.70 (-)
- Mike Leah – 1,443.92 (-)
- Ole Schemion – 1,438.89 (-)
- Daniel Negreanu – 1,334.69 (-)
- Joe Kuether – 1,288.96 (-)
- Dan Smith – 1,269.72 (-)
- Mukul Pahuja – 1,225.38 (+9)
- Martin Jacobson – 1,187.62 (-)
- Joe McKeehen – 1,182.07 (+3)
- Davidi Kitai – 1,145.43 (+3)
- Ami Barer – 1,136.30 (-4)
- Aaron Massey – 1,109.44 (+3)
- David Peters – 1,102.95 (-3)
- Scott Seiver – 1,083.79 (-)
- Olivier Busquet – 1,082.58 (-6)
- Jake Schindler – 1,065.84 (+2)
- Paul Volpe – 1,065.39 (-6)
- Jeff Madsen – 1,043.18 (+1)
- Pratyush Buddiga – 1,038.11 (NR)
- Vanessa Selbst – 1,007.25 (-)
Dropped from Rankings: Mike McDonald (17th)
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Blake Bohn is Short Stacked in the Main Event but Long on Experience - July 14, 2015
- New Jersey Online Player Thomas Cannuli Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 13, 2015
- Andrew Moreno Believes He’s Headed for the November Nine - July 13, 2015
- Steve Gross Staying in the Moment Despite Playing for Millions - July 13, 2015
- Former National Champ Jonathan Hilton Inching Toward November Nine - July 12, 2015