Dan Colman still occupies the top spot in the BLUFF Poker Player Power Rankings but Joe Kuether, Paul Volpe and Pratyush Buddiga made some headway since the previous rankings while familiar faces Scott Seiver and Jason Mercier rejoined the rankings.
Kuether had a profitable trip to the 2014 PCA from his runner-up finish in the $25,000 High Roller for over $1 million and 197.4 POY points. He got heads up with Ilkin Garibli with a chip defecit and managed to negotiate a deal where each player earned seven-figures. Kuether also picked up a small cash in a $2,200 preliminary event with a 15th place finish for 14.4 POY points.
Volpe also left the Bahamas with a pair of cashes to bump up his score. He won a $2,200 preliminary event for nearly $90,000 and 144 POY points. He also made a deep run in the 736-player LAPT Bahamas Main event, finishing 32nd for $7,980 and 23.8 POY points.
Buddiga has been on a heater since August with four of his six cashes for at least six-figures. He final tabled the PCA Main Event for 7th place worth $203,420 and 100.8 POY points. Before that he won a $25,000 Aria High Roller, took 3rd in the ACOP Super High Roller for $844,660.
Seiver had good week at the PCA by racking up big cashes in both high roller events. He started the trip cashing in 8th place in the $100,000 SHR for $243,280 and 60 POY points. Then he ended the trip taking 5th in the $25,000 event for $398,340 and 107.16 POY points.
Mercier cashed in a pair of $10,000 events at the PCA for a total of $113,860. He ran deep in the PCA Main Event to pick up $27,700 and 36 POY points for 41st place. Then he final tabled one of the final events – a $10,000 Six-handed Turbo – in 4th place fro $86,160.
BLUFF Poker Player Power Rankings (as of January 20)
- Dan Colman – 1,440.65 (-)
- Joe Kuether – 1,375.68 (+5)
- Daniel Negreanu – 1,366.79 (+1)
- Mike Leah – 1,364.22 (-1)
- Ole Schemion – 1,269.46 (-3)
- Mukul Pahuja – 1,263.18 (-)
- Dan Smith – 1,240.94 (-2)
- Paul Volpe – 1,222.50 (+6)
- Davidi Kitai – 1,190.33 (+1)
- Martin Jacobson – 1,187.62 (-1)
- Pratyush Buddiga – 1,138.91 (+6)
- Joe McKeehen – 1,134.07 (-3)
- Aaron Massey – 1,132.84 (-1)
- Ami Barer – 1,121.75 (-3)
- Scott Seiver – 1,113.45 (NR)
- David Peters – 1,098.27 (-3)
- Olivier Busquet – 1,071.85 (-1)
- Jason Mercier – 1,064.17 (NR)
- Jeff Madsen – 1,046.53 (-4)
- Ari Engel – 1,003.54 (-2)
Dropped from Rankings: Keven Stammen (19th), Chris Bolek (20th)
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Blake Bohn is Short Stacked in the Main Event but Long on Experience - July 14, 2015
- New Jersey Online Player Thomas Cannuli Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 13, 2015
- Andrew Moreno Believes He’s Headed for the November Nine - July 13, 2015
- Steve Gross Staying in the Moment Despite Playing for Millions - July 13, 2015
- Former National Champ Jonathan Hilton Inching Toward November Nine - July 12, 2015