After playing a second consecutive long day of poker, the remaining field in the 2013 EPT Prague €10,000 High Roller has been reduced to just 10 players.
Dmitry Yurasov of Belarus has already guaranteed himself the biggest tournament cash of his life, but he’ll be shooting for far more than that on Wednesday. Yurasov bagged the overnight chiplead and he’ll have his eyes set on the €382,050 first place prize, but there are some serious obstacles standing in his way.
Olivier Busquet is just behind Yurasov in second, with current EPT Season 10 POY leader and EPT Barcelona High Roller champion Thomas Muhlocker in third. Two more Americans sit in fourth and sixth, with Andy Seth in search of his first major title and Vanessa Selbst looking to bookend an already career-defining year with another victory.
The group is rounded out by German pro Max Heinzelmann, Australian High Roller specialist Jeff Rossiter and short stack Mike McDonald.
Registration and re-entry remained open until the start of play on Day 2, and the field gained an extra six buy-ins to push the total entries to 176. In addition to the top prize, the second through fifth place finishers will also take home over €115,400. Everyone in right now is guaranteed at least €38,650.
The bubble played out just before the dinner break, as 2011 BLUFF Player of the Year Eugene Katchalov filled the unfortunate role of bubble boy. Shannon Shorr (27th), Steve O’Dwyer (26th), Martin Finger (24th) and Bertrand Grospellier (23rd) each followed Katchalov to the rail, albeit with a payout ticket.
2013 PCA Champion Dimitar Danchev (20th) went out just after play resumed, with Jonathan Little, who made deep runs in both the Main Event and this tournament in Prague, going out 19th. Bryn Kenney was eliminated in 16th.
The final day of the High Roller will start at 12 pm CET, and they’ll play until there’s a champion. With the Main Event occupying the TV stage, there will be no live stream of this tournament.
2013 EPT Prague €10,000 High Roller – End of Day 2 Chip Counts
- Dmitry Yurasov – 1,404,000
- Olivier Busquet – 1,239,000
- Thomas Muhlocker – 1,150,000
- Andy Seth – 1,022,000
- Max Heinzelmann – 939,000
- Vanessa Selbst – 850,000
- Jeff Rossiter – 819,000
- Oleksii Khoroshenin – 768,000
- Ivan Soshnikov – 313,000
- Mike McDonald – 272,000
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015