Hard on the heels of its announcement of 7 new poker room certifications for the “Play It Safe” seal, eCommerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance (eCOGRA) today unveiled a new campaign to increase the number of online casinos and poker rooms committed to player-safe gaming.
Dubbed the “100 Seals Campaign,” the goal is to maintain high standards while boosting the number of venues entitled to display eCOGRA’s “Play It Safe” seal from 76 to 100 by December 2006.
The campaign is expected to reach additional audiences at the eighth annual Global Interactive Gaming Summit & Expo (GIGSE) 2006 in Montreal, Canada. On May 17th at 2.30pm eCOGRA Chairman Michael Hirst will host a panel entitled, ‘Self-Regulation: Best Practices to Play It Safe.’ Panellists will include industry luminaries such as Roy Cooke, Card Player Magazine, well-known players’ advocate Ted Loh, and Andrew Beveridge (CEO eCOGRA). All GIGSE attendees and media are welcome to participate.
“‘Play It Safe’ online casinos and poker rooms already handle a substantial percentage of the total global online gaming business,” said eCOGRA CEO Andrew Beveridge. “We intend to extend the player protection that is built into our international standards by bringing more top-tier online gaming software providers and licensees on board before the year’s end.”
Right now, more than a dozen casino and poker sites are undergoing eCOGRA’s third-party inspection and monitoring process. The “Play It Safe” seal helps to attract and retain players, and tells the world that these sites place players’ needs– trust, honesty and fair gaming, above all else.
Participants in the 100 Seal Campaign receive:
- Cutting edge, player-sensitive standards, together with independent inspection, monitoring, enforcement and infrastructure that is applicable worldwide.
- An independent, London-based “Fair Gaming Advocate” who helps resolve player disputes in just 48-72 hours on average.
- Professional training, services and marketing support to meet best international business practices and responsible gaming standards.
- Expertly designed measures and guidelines to curb underage and problem gambling, backed by personnel training courses.
- One-step-ahead standards to meet future challenges in poker and mobile gaming.
Beveridge extends an invitation to online gambling software providers and their licensees: “If you’re ready to meet the 21st century challenges facing the industry, we’d like to invite you to join the 100 Seals Campaign and become one of the most respected 100 online gaming sites in the world.”
Latest posts by BLUFF Staff (see all)
- DraftKings Offering Millionaire Maker for Golf’s Third Major - July 13, 2015
- DraftKings Offering Last Chance to Qualify for 2015 WSOP Main Event - July 1, 2015
- DraftKings Offering Friday Night Double Header of $3 Fun - June 26, 2015
- DraftKings Rolls Out $2.5 Millionaire Maker This Week Only - June 17, 2015
- Turn $27 Into a WSOP Main Event Seat on DraftKings Friday Night - June 12, 2015