The PokerStars.fr European Poker Tour Deauville stop is down to the nitty gritty with only 24 runners remaining in the field. When Day 4 of play began on Saturday, there were 90 players who still had chips, but it only took a few hours to send the majority of them home, leaving just the final three tables.
Most of the big names remaining in the field were casualties by day’s end, including Thomas Bichon (75th), Praz Bansi (74th), Ludovic Lacay (52nd), Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier (44th), and Joe Ebanks (30th). Grospellier was the last of the Team PokerStars Pros in the field. The survivors headed into Day 5 consist mostly of unknown European pros.
There is one noteworthy European pro left in the field and that is Fabrice Soulier. The Frenchman could still capture a victory in his home country, but he is facing an uphill battle, coming in 23rd out of 24th in chips.
Alex Wice is facing no such problem. The Canadian online poker pro will take a commanding chip lead into Day 5 of play. He ended with 3.4 million chips, while Laurent Polito finished the day second in chips with 1.8 million.
Day 5 will see the field play down to the eight-handed final table. Here are the top ten chip counts from the end of Day 4 of play:
1. Alex Wice – 3,410,000
2. Laurent Polito – 1,821,000
3. Anthony Hnatow – 1,710,000
4. Kenny Hallaert – 1,664,000
5. William Johnson – 1,647,000
6. Martin Jacobson – 1,540,000
7. Fried Meulders – 1,485,000
8. Kevin Lambert – 1,353,000
9. Andrzej Nowak-Rogozinski – 1,339,000
10. Philip Jacobsen – 1,070,000
Latest posts by Jessica Welman (see all)
- Tournament Tracker: Weinraub, Baldwin Triumph on the West Coast - May 18, 2012
- WPT Unveils First Half of Season XI Schedule - May 16, 2012
- POY: The Calm Before the Summer Storm - May 15, 2012
- Tournament Tracker: Serock’s Aruba Win & IPT Grand Final Crowds - May 11, 2012
- WSOP: ESPN Unveils TV Schedule, WSOP Announces Improved Stream - May 10, 2012