For the second time in two days Benny Spindler sits at the top of the leaderboard at the European Poker Tour event in London. After finishing with the biggest chip stack on Day 1b Spindler let that momentum run through Day 2 on Sunday and the German poker pro finished with 469,800 in chips.
The man who came in to Day 2 with overall chip lead, Lukasz Golczyk, didn’t fare quite as well and he finished with just 99,600. The player closest to Spindler is American Jamie Rosen who finished with 405,000. Steven Kelly, who won a WSOP bracelet in 2010, is the only other American in the top ten. Kelly bagged up 346,200.
Marvin Rettenmaier, who sits second in the BLUFF Player of the Year race, sits just outside of the top ten with 301,300. The player he is chasing for the Player of the Year award, Eugene Katchalov, was one the 258 players to hit the rail on Sunday. Joining Katchalov on the outside looking in are Scott Seiver, Nick Binger, Joe Hachem, Justin Bonomo and Vanessa Rousso.
Doyle Brunson, playing his first ever EPT event, is still in contention with 202,400. Jason Mercier still has chips as well, though the 88,300 be finished with is below the 99,200 he started the day with.
Day 3 will begin on Monday with 159 players returning to play five more levels. With 104 players cashing in this event, Monday will most likely see the money bubble burst. First place pays $1,167,000.
Top Ten Chip Counts After Day 2
- Benny Spindler – 468,800
- Jamie Rosen – 405,000
- Basile Yaiche – 403,600
- Martins Adeniya – 395,000
- Jonathan Layani – 363,000
- Matthijs Remie – 353,500
- Sandor Demjan – 350,500
- Andre Klebanov – 349,900
- Steven Kelly – 346,200
- Hugo Loureiro – 327,000
Latest posts by Lance Bradley (see all)
- Bated Breath: Daniel Negreanu On the Verge of the November Nine - July 14, 2015
- Roommates Chad Power and Chris Brand Sharing Main Event Success - July 13, 2015
- Sports Reporter Jeff Platt Back in the WSOP Main Event Spotlight - July 11, 2015
- In For a Penny: Tommy Yates Hopes to Keep WSOP Main Event Run Going - July 11, 2015
- Akash Malik Hoping to Represent India Come November - July 10, 2015