The first ever European Poker Tour stop in Malta is off to a great start for Greek poker pro Evangelos Tsairis after Day 1A.
Tsairis came out on top of the 142 Day 1A survivors of the Main Event at Portomaso Casino with the biggest stack, bagging up 180,300 after the eight levels of play on Sunday. Right behind Tsairis is Ignat Liviu with 161,900. Rounding out the top three was Thomas Berends with 144,200.
Tsairis’ biggest previous cash came in July 2013 when he finished third in a $1,080 buy-in Caesars Palace Mega Stack even for $171,886. His best EPT finish came last month In Deauville when he finished 18th for $25,122.
Some of the notable players who will return on Tuesday include Alec Torelli (133,100), Jack Salter (73,600), Dominik Panka (66,700), Fabrice Soulier (55,000), Theo Jorgensen (52,900) and perennial BLUFF Player of the Year contender Ole Schemion (36,200).
Things didn’t go so well for Adrian Mateos, Liv Boeree, Timothy Adams or Stephen Chidwick, who all busted before day’s end.
The €5,300 buy-in event attracted 260 players on Day 1A with a bigger group expected to take to the felt on Monday for Day 1B.
Day 1A Top 10 Chip Counts
- Evangelos Tsairis – 180,300
- Ignat Liviu – 161,900
- Thomas Berends – 144,200
- Alexander Ivarssonv – 138,300
- Alec Torelli – 133,100
- Thomas Muehloecker – 121,200
- Ilkin Amirov – 116,000
- John O`Shea – 114,200
- Francois Billard – 110,000
- Ryan Yu – 106,900
Latest posts by Lance Bradley (see all)
- Bated Breath: Daniel Negreanu On the Verge of the November Nine - July 14, 2015
- Roommates Chad Power and Chris Brand Sharing Main Event Success - July 13, 2015
- Sports Reporter Jeff Platt Back in the WSOP Main Event Spotlight - July 11, 2015
- In For a Penny: Tommy Yates Hopes to Keep WSOP Main Event Run Going - July 11, 2015
- Akash Malik Hoping to Represent India Come November - July 10, 2015