At the end of Day 3 of the 2014 Aussie Millions Main Event only 35 players remain and there are more than a few familiar names sprinkled throughout the top ten. Scott Seiver and Sorel Mizzi both took turns as the Day 3 chip leader but a set-over-set situation on the last hand of the night gave Salvatore Fazzino the overnight chip lead.
Fazzino finished the day with 1,540,000, just ahead of the 1,232,000 of Darren Rabinowitz. Seiver (1,133,000) and Mizzi (1,099,000) sit third and fourth respectively. Jonathan Duhamel sits eighth with 935,000 and Erik Seidel rounds out the top ten with 828,000. Jake Balsiger, John Juanda, Jason Mercier, Jeffrey Rossiter, Liv Boeree and Eoghan O’Dea all remain in contention for the title and $1.6 million first place prize money.
Seiver’s day was full of ups and downs. Just before the dinner break the former WPT Championship winner doubled Jason Mercier up. After the dinner break however Seiver got it all back and more in a 1.5 million chip pot against Florian Bussmann with A A against the German’s K K. Seiver’s aces held and he spent the rest of the night on cruise control.
It took nearly four hours of play to go from the 109 players that started the day to the bubble. Luke Downes busted in 73rd to get the remaining 72 players into the money before the field dwindled to the 36 that finished the day. The first player to hit the cashier cage after the bubble burst was Julian Track, EPT Prague champion. Track, who has only ever played two live tournaments, has indicated he plans to retire from live poker. Some of the other notable players to bust out after the bubble burst include Angel Guillen (66th – $15,000), Marco Johnson (52nd – $20,000), Antonio Esfandiari (42nd – $20,000).
The final 36 players will play six-handed on Day 4. Play Resumes at 12:15 pm local and will play down to the final table of eight players.
Aussie Millions Main Event Top 10 Chip Counts
- Salvatore Fazzino – 1,540,000
- Darren Rabinowitz – 1,232,000
- Scott Seiver – 1,133,000
- Sorel Mizzi – 1,099,000
- Patrick Crivell – 1,040,000
- Andrew Phaedonas – 1,005,000
- Tam Truong – 1,005,000
- Jonathan Duhamel – 935,000
- Ami Barer – 917,000
- Erik Seidel – 828,000
BLUFF caught up with Sorel Mizzi after players had bagged their chips.
Latest posts by Lance Bradley (see all)
- Bated Breath: Daniel Negreanu On the Verge of the November Nine - July 14, 2015
- Roommates Chad Power and Chris Brand Sharing Main Event Success - July 13, 2015
- Sports Reporter Jeff Platt Back in the WSOP Main Event Spotlight - July 11, 2015
- In For a Penny: Tommy Yates Hopes to Keep WSOP Main Event Run Going - July 11, 2015
- Akash Malik Hoping to Represent India Come November - July 10, 2015