eCommerce and Online Gambling Regulation and Assurance (eCOGRA) has become one of the first organizations to be approved by the Minister responsible for Gambling of the Government of Gibraltar for purposes of testing and certifying the integrity of online gambling equipment and software used by Gibraltar’s licensees in compliance with the Gambling Act 2005.
The independent standards and player protection body announced this week that the Total Gaming Transaction Review, used for continuous monitoring and data analyzes to assess accurate payout percentages and certify Random Number Generation fairness, has been extensively evaluated by the Gibraltar authorities before being accepted.
Earlier this year, eCOGRA appointed a high powered and professionally qualified specialist team with a cumulative total of 18 years’ experience to operate the TGTR process, providing the most comprehensive data verification service available to online gambling operators to date.
The service includes:
- On-site audits to ensure that software used by the online casinos and poker rooms is being developed, implemented and maintained in a manner representative of best practice standards
- Independent verification of the completeness and accuracy of all data used in the calculation of the payout percentage and RNG reports
- Annual quality assurance reviews by leading audit firm KPMG on the methodology and processes used to produce the payout percentage and RNG reports
- Continuous oversight and monitoring of accredited online gambling operations following approval by eCOGRA’s independent directors.
eCOGRA CEO Andrew Beveridge said: “We are delighted that a regulator of the caliber of the GRA has accepted this advanced process after intensive study. Our testing principles and methodologies have now been recognized by several other international jurisdictions concerned with protecting players through the professional and continuous testing of online casino and poker room operators. Over 130 tier one online casinos and poker rooms currently use our widely proved TGTR services. In addition we now have the added scrutiny of the leading audit firm KPMG through their annual quality assurance reviews, thus providing an unrivalled verification programme.”
Latest posts by BLUFF Staff (see all)
- DraftKings Offering Millionaire Maker for Golf’s Third Major - July 13, 2015
- DraftKings Offering Last Chance to Qualify for 2015 WSOP Main Event - July 1, 2015
- DraftKings Offering Friday Night Double Header of $3 Fun - June 26, 2015
- DraftKings Rolls Out $2.5 Millionaire Maker This Week Only - June 17, 2015
- Turn $27 Into a WSOP Main Event Seat on DraftKings Friday Night - June 12, 2015