Monday marked a big day in the Casino industry. All year Harrah’s has been working on a buyout by Apollo Management, and Texas Pacific Group, private equity buyers. The sale, worth $17.7 billion will be the largest casino sale ever. The National Indian Gaming Commission was the last approval needed in the year long battle. Last week, the Nevada Gaming Commission approved the sale. Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Illinois, and Iowa have previously approved the deal. Harrah’s expects the deal to be finalized in the beginning of 2008.
Latest posts by Matthew Parvis (see all)
- Bluff WSOP Kickoff Party Thursday at Tao - May 28, 2008
- Poker Superstars to Host Kentucky Derby Poker Championship - March 20, 2008
- Atlantic City’s Matt Stout Wins Big Victory at Caesars World Series of Poker Circuit - March 13, 2008
- PokerStars Announces Launch of Latin American Poker Tour - March 12, 2008
- New Jersey’s Allen Bari Wins World Series of Poker Circuit Event - March 11, 2008