Jakub Mroczek has the chiplead after Day 3 of the EPT London Main Event, and it’s a case of good news/bad news; Mroczek has a lead of more than an average stack going into Day 4, but he also has to deal with a seriously talented final 36.
Five EPT champions remain in the hunt, and two of them – Benny Spindler (5th, 911,000) and Jake Cody (7th, 794,000) finished Wednesday’s action in the top 10. Cody’s Team PokerStars teammates Liv Boeree and Mickey Petersen are short-stacked but still in the hunt for a second title too, as is Kevin MacPhee; Team Online’s Marc-Andre Ladouceur and Christian Favale and Team SportStar member Fatima Moreira de Melo round out the PokerStars contingent.
The bubble was burst early on Day 3, with 127 playing down to 95 in short order. 2013 WSOP bracelet-winner Nikolaus Teichert was the first to go out in the money, and Sam Trickett (93rd), Martin Staszko (89th), Anatoly Filatov (55th), Johnny Lodden (43rd) and Chris Moorman (38th) would eventually follow. Frequent high-roller presence Paul Newey managed a cash, going out in 87th, while 2011 BLUFF POY combatants and close friends Bertrand Grospellier (80th) and Eugene Katchalov (74th) battled a little ways into the money before going out in quick succession.
Day 4 will get underway at 12 pm local time in London (7 am ET) and they’ll play until just two tables of eight remain. PokerStars.tv will live stream a featured table throughout the day with Joe Stapleton, James Hartigan and a slew of big guests calling all of the action.
2014 EPT London Main Event – End of Day 3 Chip Counts
- Jakub Mroczek – 1,790,000
- Joao Vieira – 1,151,000
- Artur Koren – 1,126,000
- Sebastian Pauli – 918,000
- Benny Spindler – 911,000
- Raffaele Sorrentino – 888,000
- Jake Cody – 794,000
- Sergio Aido – 758,000
- Kevin Killeen – 732,000
- Pablo Gordillo – 717,000
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015