Jason Mo has just over $1,000,000 in lifetime earnings but on Sunday night he took a big step towards doubling that. Mo finished Day 1 of the 2015 Aussie Millions $100K Challenge as the chipleader ahead of players like Erik Seidel, Stephen Chidwick, Dan Smith and Mike McDonald.
Mo ended the day with 637,000 which puts him far ahead of Seidel. The Poker Hall of Famer, who finished third in this event last year, finished with 493,500 – the second biggest end-of-day stack.
McDonald, who finished as runner-up to Yevgeniy Timoshenko last year, snuck into the top ten chip counts with 266,500. The only player in the top ten to re-enter the event was Chidwick. He ists fifth with 365,500.
The first day of play saw 63 total entries coming from 44 unique players. Entry and re-entry is available until the start of Day 2.
Yi Cheng, Pratyush Buddiga, Fabian Quoss and Brian Rast all fired three bullets on Day 1. Quoss and Rast failed to make it through the day but may decide take advantage of the Day 2 re-entry. Other players eliminated on Day 1 were Daniel “Jungleman” Cates, Sorel Mizzi, Doug Polk, Sam Trickett and Macau businessman Richard Yong.
Top 10 Chip Counts
- Jason Mo – 637,000
- Erik Seidel – 493,500
- Connor Drinan – 403,500
- Stephen Chidwick – 365,500
- Dani Stern – 358,500
- Jake Abdalla – 357,000
- Philipp Gruissem – 271,000
- Sam Greenwood – 270,500
- Dan Smith – 266,500
- Mike McDonald – 260,000
Latest posts by Lance Bradley (see all)
- Bated Breath: Daniel Negreanu On the Verge of the November Nine - July 14, 2015
- Roommates Chad Power and Chris Brand Sharing Main Event Success - July 13, 2015
- Sports Reporter Jeff Platt Back in the WSOP Main Event Spotlight - July 11, 2015
- In For a Penny: Tommy Yates Hopes to Keep WSOP Main Event Run Going - July 11, 2015
- Akash Malik Hoping to Represent India Come November - July 10, 2015