Dan Colman isn’t going anywhere any time soon in the 2014 BLUFF Player of the Year race, but things are far more fluid a little bit lower down the list. Anyone in the bottom half of the top 20 could rocket into contention with a major win, but they needed to accumulate enough points beforehand to make that possible.
Things remain the same this week for top 18 players in the standings, but Jeff Madsen slides in at the number 19 spot. After throwing up an 0-for at the Borgata Madsen headed back west to play the Commerce Poker Series’ HPT Main Event. With an HPT title at the Commerce already to his credit in 2014, Madsen looked poised to make it a double before his tournament was cut short in eighth place. His 26th cash of the year made the cut as one of his best 10 of 2014, adding enough points to Madsen’s overall score to allow him to re-enter the top 20.
Madsen’s been yo-yoing in and out of this list quite a bit over the last month, but Mukul Pahuja’s a slightly different story. After spending the majority of the year in the BLUFF POY top 20 thanks in large part to the second half of his WPT Season XII Player of the Year campaign, Pahuja spent two weeks on the outside looking in.
Pahuja picked up his first cash of Season XIII on the WPT at the Borgata Poker Open, and while a 104th place finish isn’t likely what he had in mind it did achieve a certain purpose – it gave him just enough BLUFF POY points to squeeze back into the top 20 in its final position.
2014 BLUFF Player of the Year Standings (As of September 24)
- Dan Colman – 1,377.70 (-)
- Dan Smith – 949.35 (-)
- Mike Leah – 944.64 (-)
- Ole Schemion – 816.59 (-)
- George Danzer – 797.15 (-)
- Jake Schindler – 794.85 (-)
- Mustapha Kanit – 790.48 (-)
- Joe McKeehen – 768.22 (-)
- Doug Polk – 757.75 (-)
- Mike McDonald – 750.78 (-)
- Ami Barer – 746.21 (-)
- Joe Kuether – 733.91 (-)
- Dominik Panka – 720.59 (-)
- Davidi Kitai – 715.85 (-)
- Keven Stammen – 693.55 (-)
- Alex Bilokur – 692.00 (-)
- Brandon Shack-Harris – 672.90 (-)
- Jason Mercier – 672.55 (-)
- Jeff Madsen – 663.16 (NR)
- Mukul Pahuja – 647.40 (NR)
Dropped from Rankings: Simon Deadman (19th), Oliver Price (20th)
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015