The $5 million guaranteed prize pool at the 2008 Borgata Poker Open championship event kicked off Sunday in Atlantic City with 516 players in pursuit of the World Poker Tour event title.
Leading the way after Day 1 is Jose Torres with 263,775 in chips. But the field still has some more familiar names near the top of the list as 302 players survived through the first day. Sitting in fourth at the start of the day is Steven Dannenmann, the 2006 World Series of Poker runner-up has 249,150 chips. BLUFF Magazine’s next cover boy, Brandon Cantu, is in 10th spot with 182,000, just behind Thayer “THAY3R” Rasmussen.
1. Jose Torres – 263,7752. Onofrio Reina – 259,2253. Lee Kim – 252,6754. Steven Dannenman – 249,1505. Kyle Burnside – 206,5006. Stephen Vanauken – 189,5507. Eracles Panayiotou – 187,3508. Ryan Young – 186,5009. Thayer Rasmussen – 183,32510. Brandon Cantu – 182,000
Latest posts by Lance Bradley (see all)
- Bated Breath: Daniel Negreanu On the Verge of the November Nine - July 14, 2015
- Roommates Chad Power and Chris Brand Sharing Main Event Success - July 13, 2015
- Sports Reporter Jeff Platt Back in the WSOP Main Event Spotlight - July 11, 2015
- In For a Penny: Tommy Yates Hopes to Keep WSOP Main Event Run Going - July 11, 2015
- Akash Malik Hoping to Represent India Come November - July 10, 2015