The battle for the top spot in the BLUFF Power Rankings has never been this close. Over the last few weeks, Dan Colman, Joe Kuether and Mike Leah have been neck and neck (and neck), and now all three are separated by a what’s essentially a min-cash’s worth of points.
Kuether was the only mover among the lead pack this week, with a couple cashes on opposite sides of the country. As has generally been the case over the last few years, if there’s a tournament or a series with some value to be had Kuether will find his way there. While he narrowly missed out on a pair of final tables in the $500,000 Guaranteed Main Event at the Venetian and a $200,000 Guaranteed Six-Handed event at Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood, two deep runs put Kuether just a hair ahead of Leah for second place in this week’s Power Rankings.
Pratyush Buddiga and David Peters are similarly all but inseparable at the moment, with less than a point separating two of the strongest tournament players on the circuit today. They both held serve, but Ole Schemion, who was right behind them last week, took a three spot fall to ninth. That fall can be tied directly to Schemion’s EPT San Remo High Roller win from 2014 passing the one year mark.
Aaron Massey jumps two spots this week to 14th thanks to a final table appearance in an $1,100 turbo at the Seminole Hard Rock. Massey is the only player from last week’s top 20 to move up more than one spot in this week’s rankings.
Three-time WPT champion Anthony Zinno cracked the top 20 after finishing second to 2013 WSOP Main Event champion Ryan Riess in a $2,200 event at Seminole Hard Rock. Ari Engel made a final table run of his own in Council Bluffs, Iowa, where he finished third in Event 5 of the WSOP Circuit’s recent series.
Olivier Busquet had a pair of cashes from EPT San Remo in 2014 fall off his score, and he nearly toppled out of the top 20 entirely. With a final table appearance in the 2014 EPT Grand Final set to hit the one year mark this time next week, there’s a good chance this is the last we’ll see of Busquet on this list until at least the start of this year’s Grand Final festival in Monte Carlo.
BLUFF Poker Player Power Rankings (as of April 20)
- Dan Colman – 1,440.65 (-)
- Joe Kuether – 1,435.17 (+1)
- Mike Leah – 1,434.75 (-1)
- Pratyush Buddiga – 1,301.91 (-)
- David Peters – 1,301.00 (-)
- Scott Seiver – 1,271.52 (+1)
- Stephen Chidwick – 1,224.35 (+1)
- Dan Smith – 1,212.84 (+1)
- Ole Schemion – 1,171.37 (-3)
- Davidi Kitai – 1,166.89 (-)
- Steve O’Dwyer – 1,140.90 (-)
- Martin Jacobson – 1,082.66 (-)
- Daniel Negreanu – 1,075.54 (-)
- Aaron Massey – 1,071.14 (+2)
- Jason Mercier – 1,054.54 (-1)
- Ari Engel – 1,027.94 (+1)
- Anthony Zinno (NR)
- Ami Barer – 999.12 (-)
- Olivier Busquet – 991.07 (-4)
- Mark Dube – 986.90 (-1)
Dropped from Rankings: Jeff Madsen (20th)
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015