With the Aussie Millions, two EPT stops and a handful of World Poker Tour events in the books through mid-February, the 2015 BLUFF Player of the Year race is starting to take some true form. Things have stabilized for the moment, with Tom Marchese in the lead and the top five positions held static, but there’s still been significant movement elsewhere thanks to results from EPT Deauville and the WPT’s stop in Hollywood, Florida.
Ognyan Dimov debuts in ninth in this week’s top 20 thanks to his victory in the EPT Deauville Main Event. Dimov notched his fourth cash of the year and his biggest result by a long stretch one week ago, pocketing over $616,000; Dimov also cashed twice at the PCA and once previously in Deauville, in the FPS Main Event that kicked off the series.
Josh Kay picked up his second cash of 2015 in the WPT Lucky Hearts Poker Open Main Event, with his deep run ending in a 45th place exit. When added to his LAPT Bahamas Main Event victory from January, Kay jumps four spots this week to 13th.
Rounding out this week’s changes in the top 20 are Dzimitry Urbanovich and Josip Simunic, who now occupy the 19th and 20th positions, respectively. Urbanovic made his third final table of the year in an EPT Deauville side event, which was also his fifth cash thus far in 2015. His best result to date was a win in a $1,000 Turbo Bounty event at the PCA. Simunic’s second cash of the series at EPT Deauville was a big one, as he beat Jean Noel Thorel heads-up to win the €10,000 High Roller.
Some poker heavyweights slid out of the top 20 this week to accommodate these moves. Erik Seidel and Jonathan Duhamel are both on the outside looking in for the time being, joined by Jose Montes. They’ll have plenty of opportunities to regain one of these lofty positions, especially considering the busy WPT and EPT schedules in the months to come.
2015 BLUFF Player of the Year Standings (As of February 11)
- Tom Marchese – 470.00 (-)
- Scott Seiver – 402.16 (-)
- Kevin Schulz – 360.00 (-)
- Alexander Trevallion – 331.60 (-)
- Steve O’Dwyer – 329.86 (-)
- Manny Stavropoulos – 296.00 (-)
- Nick Petrangelo – 287.26 (-)
- Ilkin Garibli – 282.00 (-)
- Ognyan Dimov – 281.45 (NR)
- Phil Ivey – 279.60 (-1)
- Bryn Kenney – 277.38 (-1)
- Aaron Mermelstein – 275.38 (-1)
- Josh Kay – 266.00 (+4)
- Tony Gregg – 258.00 (-2)
- Roger Sippl – 252.55 (-2)
- Diego Ventura – 252.00 (-2)
- Richard Yong – 250.00 (-2)
- Ramin Hajiyev – 245.86 (-2)
- Dzimitry Urbanovich – 238.53 (NR)
- Josip Simunic – 231.00 (NR)
Dropped from Rankings: Jose Montes (18th), Erik Seidel (19th), Jonathan Duhamel (20th)
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015