After the first full month of legal online poker in New Jersey, partypoker and Borgata Poker are the clear early frontrunners in the state, thanks to tournament offerings like the upcoming ‘Pokerfest: Micro Turbo Edition’.
partypoker set the bar high with big guarantees from the beginning and hit them – including their $50,000 Guarantee that’s easily been cleared in the last few weeks. While that’s good news for the high-stakes players, the attention will now turn to the micro-stakes tournament players in New Jersey over the next 18 days.
The ‘Pokerfest: Micro Turbo Edition’, which starts at 7:30 pm Thursday night with a $1 No Limit Hold’em event. The buy-ins start at just 5 partypoker points, and over the next two-and-a-half weeks a total of 50 such tournaments will run up to five times a day.
It culminates on February 2 with a $10, $10,000 Guaranteed Deepstack Turbo No Limit Hold’em event at 2 pm. That also happens to be Super Bowl Sunday, with the tournament ending before the game begins.
In addition to the $50,000 in guarantees over those 50 tournaments, there’s one other big prize at stake. Whomever ends the series on top of the Pokerfest leaderboard will win a $5,000 WPT Package in addition to any other money they’ve won.
The ‘Pokerfest: Micro Turbo Edition’ will feature a wide variety of games, including Pot Limit Omaha, Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo, Seven Card Stud and bounty events.
These tournaments will run in addition to partypoker’s regular schedule, which includes more than $120,000 in guarantees every Sunday.
Pokerfest: Micro Turbo Edition Highlights
– Sat, January 25 – Event #27 – $5 Turbo NLH w/ Rebuys, $2,500 Guaranteed (9 pm)
– Sun, January 26 – Event #30 – $5 Turbo NLH w/ Rebuys & Big Add-on, $2,500 Guaranteed (7 pm)
– Fri, January 31 – Event #41 – $5 Six-Max NLH w/ Rebuys & Add-on, $2,500 Guaranteed (8:30 pm)
– Sat, February 1 – Event #45 – $5 Turbo NLH w/ Rebuys & Add-on, $2,500 Guaranteed (7:00 pm)
– Sun, February 2 – Event #48 – $10 Deepstack Turbo NLH, $10,000 Guaranteed (2 pm)
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015