Leah closed the gap on Smith to 16.31 points after cashing four times in the 2015 World Series of Poker so far. He made two final tables – fourth place in the Razz Championship and seventh in a $1,500 No Limit Deuce to Seven event.
Leah earned two other cashes – 66th in the $1,000 Pot Limit Omaha and 39th in the historic Colossus. BLUFF is following Leah or the entire WSOP – follow along with our “Mike Leah in Focus” series.
Chidwick advanced in the rankings with three cashes at the WSOP in the first third of the Series. He got on the board with a cash in the $1,500 No Limit Hold’em Shootout with a 100th place finish. Then he final tabled the $10,000 Razz Championship for a seventh place finish worth $38,447. Finally he finished in 14th place in a $1,000 NLHE event with 1,951 entrants.
Pahuja is Las Vegas for the WSOP, but he scored big outside the Rio. He won the $1,600 Venetian Deeps Stack event with a $1 million guarantee. He earned $222,000 and 209 POY points for his seventh career win. Pahuja has one 2015 WSOP cash – 930th place in the Colossus.
Zinno has cashes dating back to 2007 but his breakout year with the World Poker Tour boosted his confidence and bankroll for some significant WSOP cashes. Zinno made two final tables at the Rio so far – sixth place in the Omaha Hi-Lo Championship and seventh in the $5,000 No Limit Hold’em Eight Max event.
Busquet has a hot start to the WSOP with four cashes already. He came close to a bracelet in the Millionaire Maker but finished in third for $589,569 and 165 POY points. He advanced to the quarter-finals in the Heads Up Championship, picked up a 107th finish in a $1,500 NLHE event and 32nd place in the $5,000 NLHE Eight Max event.
BLUFF Poker Player Power Rankings (as of June 15)
- Dan Smith – 1,527.75 (-)
- Mike Leah – 1,511.44 (-)
- Joe Kuether – 1,386.50 (-)
- Dan Colman – 1,277.65 (+2)
- David Peters – 1,275.00 (-1)
- Stephen Chidwick – 1,245.84 (+5)
- Ole Schemion – 1,212.32 (+2)
- Erik Seidel – 1,210.94 (-1)
- Scott Seiver – 1,207.00 (-4)
- Paul Volpe – 1,200.75 (-)
- Pratyush Buddiga – 1,176.31 (-3)
- Mukul Pahuja – 1,157.76 (NR)
- Anthony Zinno – 1,155.67 (NR)
- Olivier Busquet – 1,129.53 (NR)
- Steve O’Dwyer – 1,108.04 (-2)
- Nick Pupillo – 1,107.83 (-1)
- Bryn Kenney – 1,100.36 (-5)
- Aaron Massey – 1,084.53 (-1)
- Martin Jacobson – 1,069.41 (-5)
- Dzmitry Urbanovich – 1,058.58 (-2)
Dropped from Rankings: Jake Schindler (16th), Ari Engel (19th), Mustapha Kanit (20th)
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Blake Bohn is Short Stacked in the Main Event but Long on Experience - July 14, 2015
- New Jersey Online Player Thomas Cannuli Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 13, 2015
- Andrew Moreno Believes He’s Headed for the November Nine - July 13, 2015
- Steve Gross Staying in the Moment Despite Playing for Millions - July 13, 2015
- Former National Champ Jonathan Hilton Inching Toward November Nine - July 12, 2015