An eventful week of poker has helped cause a dramatic shift in the BLUFF Power Rankings, with the top four players more tightly packed than at any other time in recent memory.
Ole Schemion moved up one spot to second, thanks to a cash in the EPT London High Roller. Mike Leah’s right behind him, having jumped two spots after securing his first career World Series of Poker bracelet in the WSOP APAC High Roller.
They both moved past Daniel Negreanu, whose 2013 WSOP Europe Main Event cash lost half its value, dropping him to fourth. All three currently sit well within striking distance of current top dog Dan Smith.
David Peters earned a pair of cashes at EPT London, but it was his cash in the UKIPT Grand Final that earned him just enough points to climb two spots, to seventh. Olivier Busquet also enjoyed success at EPT London, but his was far greater; Busquet beat Henrik Hecklen heads-up to win the UKIPT London High Roller. That victory allowed Busquet to make a massive jump in this week’s Power Rankings, making him the only one to crack the top 20 as he settled into ninth place.
With Busquet’s debut, one of last week’s top 20 was left out in the cold – and that unfortunate soul was Jason Mercier. He fell just shy of his third career bracelet one year ago this week at WSOP Europe, and it would’ve come in the same as his first two – in Pot Limit Omaha. With half of those points falling from his score, Mercier fell just behind Keven Stammen, and out of the top 20 altogether.
BLUFF Poker Player Power Rankings (as of October 20)
- Dan Smith – 1,483.84 (-)
- Ole Schemion – 1,456.54 (+1)
- Mike Leah – 1,455.59 (+3)
- Daniel Negreanu – 1,436.69 (-2)
- Dan Colman – 1,377.70 (-1)
- Joe Kuether – 1,256.32 (-1)
- David Peters – 1,187.41 (+2)
- Scott Seiver – 1,179.60 (-1)
- Olivier Busquet – 1,175.43 (NR)
- Joe McKeehen – 1,175.03 (-2)
- Mike McDonald – 1,165.10 (-1)
- Aaron Massey – 1,149.69 (-1)
- Mukul Pahuja – 1,107.60 (-1)
- Paul Volpe – 1,096.77 (-)
- Jeff Madsen – 1,096.69 (-2)
- Jake Schindler – 1,073.46 (-1)
- Will Failla – 1,066.10 (-1)
- Philipp Gruissem – 1,061.53 (-1)
- Ami Barer – 1,051.78 (-1)
- Keven Stammen – 1,024.01 (-)
Dropped from Rankings: Jason Mercier (19th)
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015