Poker pro’s Phil Hellmuth and Robert Williamson III are joining forces to host the Kentucky Derby Poker Championship. The tournament will be held at Caesars Indiana, following the running of the 134th Kentucky Derby on May 3, 2008.
The primary benficiary charities are the International Red Cross/Red Crescent Climate Centre, focusing on vulnerable communites increasingly affecteed by floods and droughts, and the Health and Climate Foundation focused on eradicating epidemics of Malaria and other diseases around the world.
The tournament is a $2,500 buy-in event which is scheduled to begin at 8:30 following a Red Carpet reception at 7:00 PM. The tournament will have rebuy’s through the first hour and an add-on at the end of the rebuy period.
“I’m really excited to be co-hosting this event with Robert Williamson III and to be supporting such an important cause. The climate is changing and the poor will be the hardest hit. Anything we can to do raise awareness of this issue and help save lives is important”, commented Phil Hellmuth, who will not only be playing in the event but he wiill emcee it as well.
More information can be found at www.KentuckyDerbyPokerChampionship.org
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Matthew Parvis (see all)
- Bluff WSOP Kickoff Party Thursday at Tao - May 28, 2008
- Poker Superstars to Host Kentucky Derby Poker Championship - March 20, 2008
- Atlantic City’s Matt Stout Wins Big Victory at Caesars World Series of Poker Circuit - March 13, 2008
- PokerStars Announces Launch of Latin American Poker Tour - March 12, 2008
- New Jersey’s Allen Bari Wins World Series of Poker Circuit Event - March 11, 2008