The current BLUFF Power Rankings haven’t moved much since last week with the full effect of the Aussie Millions POY points unregistered. Daniel Negreanu is still on top of the rankings and doesn’t look to be going anywhere soon.
Dan Smith jumped three spots, leapfrogging a couple German high rollers and Vanessa Selbst. Jeremy Ausmus flip flopped with Aaron Massey and further down the counts Scott Seiver moved into the top 20 after being just on the cusp last week.
Smith continued his hot run in high rollers after cashing in the $25,000 High Roller at the PCA. He finished runner-up at the AU$25,000 Challenge at the Aussie Millions. He was part of a five-way chop with Max Altergott, Jason Mercier, Martin Jacobson and Seiver.
Seiver picked up his first cash since November at the WPT Alpha8 Caribbean event where he finished in fifth place for $217,280 and 104.50 POY points. He did pick up $130,000 at a partypoker Premier League event but did not qualify for POY points as it was an invitational tournament.
Ausmus and Massey switched spots due to Massey losing some value from a WSOPC cash last year. He finished 12th in a $1,500 re-entry event for $15,405 and 28.05 POY points. Massey will need to turn a couple cashes in the coming weeks as he will lose value for approximately 40 points.
Mike McDonald finished runner-up in the $100,000 High Roller event at the Aussie Millions but his score was not reflected in the standings. In one month McDonald picked up his two largest career cashes for $1.06 million and $1.34 million respectively. McDonald cut into both leads on the Power Rankings and the 2014 BLUFF Player of the Year standings.
Current BLUFF Power Rankings Top 20
- Daniel Negreanu – 1,616.14 (-)
- Joe Kuether – 1,553.10 (-)
- Marvin Rettenmaier – 1,534.79 (-)
- David Peters – 1,422.80 (-)
- Dan Smith – 1,406.14 (+3)
- Vanessa Selbst – 1,399.53 (-1)
- Ole Schemion – 1,330.80 (-1)
- Philipp Gruissem – 1,314.05 (-1)
- Will Failla – 1,233.33 (-)
- Mike Watson – 1,228.60 (-)
- Ari Engel – 1,096.05 (-)
- Noah Schwartz – 1,082.12 (-)
- Ravi Raghavan – 1,052.40 (-)
- Mike McDonald – 1,051.81 (-)
- Paul Volpe – 1,021.26 (-)
- Jeremy Ausmus – 1,006.67 (+1)
- Aaron Massey – 1,001.91 (-1)
- Scott Seiver – 996.27 (NR)
- Roger Hairabedian – 996.08 (-)
- Steve O’Dwyer – 994.81 (-)
Dropped from Rankings: Jan Bendik (18th).
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Blake Bohn is Short Stacked in the Main Event but Long on Experience - July 14, 2015
- New Jersey Online Player Thomas Cannuli Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 13, 2015
- Andrew Moreno Believes He’s Headed for the November Nine - July 13, 2015
- Steve Gross Staying in the Moment Despite Playing for Millions - July 13, 2015
- Former National Champ Jonathan Hilton Inching Toward November Nine - July 12, 2015