The current BLUFF Player of the Year standings have the clear cut standout performers in the top three spots – Daniel Negreanu, Philipp Gruissem and Scott Seiver. The trio have dominated high roller events around the globe and each added significant titles and final tables. 2013 November Niner Amir Lehavot joined the top 20 and Will Failla climbed seven spots.
Lehavot cashed in his first event since the World Series of Poker Main Event Final Table – where he finished in third place for $3.7 million. He played in a $5,180 preliminary event at the Bellagio in the Five Diamond World Poker Classic series and took third place for $59,267 and 88 POY points. He was joined at the final table by Tim West, Anthony Gargano, Richard Lyndaker, Dan Shak and Dan Smith.
Failla jumped up seven spots in the rankings courtesy of a pair of cashes at the Bellagio. He first final tabled a $1,080 preliminary event for $18,032 and 62 POY points and followed that up with deep run in the Main Event – which the final table is playing out on Wednesday. He finished in 18th place for $34,719 and 36 POY points.
Negreanu looks to have POY titles wrapped up for 2013 – he holds a strong lead in BLUFF POY and clinched WSOP POY in October. He narrowly missed out on his seventh WSOP bracelet in Las Vegas, but his disappointment was softened from winning the WSOP APAC Main Event for $1.9 million.
Gruissem has three overall wins in high roller events in 2013, including a pair of back-to-back Alpha8 titles. He could possibly have had three Alpha8 finishes it he hadn’t had made a deep run in the $10 Million Guarantee Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open in August.
Scott Seiver has a couple of high roller events to bookend his 2013. He began 2013 with a big win at the PCA with a win in the $100,000 Super High Roller for $2 million and 275 POY points. He went on to final table the EPT Grand Final High Roller in May, made two final tables at the WSOP and then rattled off three more high roller finishes inside a month’s span starting at WSOP Europe.
Current Top 20 BLUFF Player of the Year Standings
- Daniel Negreanu – 1,274.66 (-)
- Philipp Gruissem – 1,063.65 (-)
- Scott Seiver – 878.86 (-)
- David Peters – 861.32 (-)
- Mike Watson – 861.32 (-)
- Ryan Riess – 856.84 (-)
- Vanessa Selbst – 849.58 (-)
- Martin Finger – 817.70 (-)
- Noah Schwartz – 804.78 (-)
- Ole Schemion – 773.82 (-)
- Will Failla – 769.32 (+7)
- Joe Kuether – 767.35 (-1)
- Steve O’Dwyer – 752.22 (-1)
- Blair Hinkle – 750.97 (-1)
- Jared Jaffe – 742.05 (-1)
- Marvin Rettenmaier – 739.45 (-1)
- Matthew Waxman – 733.89 (-1)
- Jason Koon – 728.72 (-1)
- Amir Lehavot – 720.35 (NR)
- Ravi Raghavan – 720.00 (-1)
Dropped from Rankings: Justin Bonomo (20th)
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Blake Bohn is Short Stacked in the Main Event but Long on Experience - July 14, 2015
- New Jersey Online Player Thomas Cannuli Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 13, 2015
- Andrew Moreno Believes He’s Headed for the November Nine - July 13, 2015
- Steve Gross Staying in the Moment Despite Playing for Millions - July 13, 2015
- Former National Champ Jonathan Hilton Inching Toward November Nine - July 12, 2015