Reginald Shawn Roberts made his third final table of Season XI of the Heartland Poker Tour and took over the top spot in in this season’s HPT Player of the Year Standings. Roberts has a 100-point cushion over Stephen Foutty as the tour takes a hiatus during the World Series of Poker months.
Roberts’ amazing run in this season’s POY race got off to start with Season X’s finale at the Soaring Eagle Resort in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, which counted towards this season’s totals. Roberts finished runner-up behind David Gutfreund for $96,657.
Robert’s first cash of Season XI came when he won the HPT Indigo Sky Main Event for $40,051. He beat out John Land, Craig Casino and Greg Raymer for his third HPT title, including his second at Indigo Sky.
A couple weeks later Roberts scored a min-cash at the HPT Kansas City Main Event in 28th place for $3,370. Three weekends later, Roberts played the HPT River City Main Event and finished runner-up for $61,134 to Paul Belken.
Most recently, Roberts final tabled the HPT Ameristar East Chicago Main Event and earned a fifth place finish for $25,940. He’s now in second place and $10,000 behind Casino as the tour’s all-time money winner.
Belken is a recent addition to the standings after he took down the HPT River City event in April for $95,645. The St. Louis resident made the trip up to Indiana for the East Chicago event and cashed in 19th place for $4,192.
Nick Pupillo scored the largest cash of his career with his win at HPT East Chicago for $120,537. The EC stop was the first for Pupillo for Season XI, though he’s had HPT success in the past. Ron Rindone finished runner-up to Pupillo at HPT East Chicago and picked up 77 POY points for his efforts.
Season XI Heartland Poker Tour Player of the Year Standings (as of May 15)
- Reginald Shawn Roberts – 224.30 (+5)
- Stephen Foutty – 121.50 (-)
- Paul Belken – 121.00 (NR)
- Jose Montes – 120.00 (-3)
- Frank Patti – 110.00 (-2)
- Nick Shkolnik – 110.00 (-2)
- Michael Puccio – 110.00 (-2)
- Nick Pupillo – 110.00 (NR)
- Matt Alexander – 100.00 (-1)
- Larry White – 100.00 (-1)
- Donald Otto – 100.00 (-4)
- Travis Remmert – 98.40 (-2)
- John Land – 98.00 (-2)
- James Hays – 88.00 (-2)
- Joe Serock – 84.00 (-2)
- Ron Rindone – 77.00 (NR)
- Matthew Lawrence – 77.00 (-3)
- Bledar Shaholli – 77.00 (-2)
- Hop (Ricky) Lay – 77.00 (-4)
- Craig Casino – 72.30 (-3)
Dropped from Rankings: Jeff Niedelman (18th), Kou Vang (19th), Jimmy Dennis (20th)
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Blake Bohn is Short Stacked in the Main Event but Long on Experience - July 14, 2015
- New Jersey Online Player Thomas Cannuli Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 13, 2015
- Andrew Moreno Believes He’s Headed for the November Nine - July 13, 2015
- Steve Gross Staying in the Moment Despite Playing for Millions - July 13, 2015
- Former National Champ Jonathan Hilton Inching Toward November Nine - July 12, 2015