Sportingbet, Plc, announced yesterday that the state of Louisiana have withdrawn charges against it’s former chairman Peter Dicks, and all warrants against him “have been cancelled with immediate effect.”
Dicks was arrested in New York in September, 2006, on a Louisiana warrant but released after New York Gov. George Pataki declined to extradite him to Louisiana.
The Associated Press report that resolution of the warrant is the result of a $400,000 payment to be shared between the St. Landry Parish District Attorney, Louisiana State Police, and the state attorney general’s office.
The DA’s office will use it’s share of the money to combat online identity theft, child pornography and online gambling, the Associated Press report.
Latest posts by BLUFF Staff (see all)
- DraftKings Offering Millionaire Maker for Golf’s Third Major - July 13, 2015
- DraftKings Offering Last Chance to Qualify for 2015 WSOP Main Event - July 1, 2015
- DraftKings Offering Friday Night Double Header of $3 Fun - June 26, 2015
- DraftKings Rolls Out $2.5 Millionaire Maker This Week Only - June 17, 2015
- Turn $27 Into a WSOP Main Event Seat on DraftKings Friday Night - June 12, 2015