This year, on top of comprehensive online Sunday Major coverage from regulated sites in New Jersey and Nevada, BLUFF.com also brings you weekly Player of the Year rankings and player features, highlighting some of the best online players in the country as they compete for the 2015 POY titles in their respective states.
BLUFF’s first look at onlinePOY contenders featured Mike “JohnnyDrama” Haberman, and he continues to hold a spot near the top of the New Jersey rankings.
While “JohnnyDrama” and the rest of the New Jersey top four have held steady in the last couple of weeks, the rest of the New Jersey top 10 has not seen the same consistency – with some players making big jumps and others falling in that time.
Nevada, on the other hand, was far steadier as the majority of the rankings remained the same – with one major exception. There was a flip-flop at the top, as “freezer” now leads the Nevada POY race with close to two months of play in the books.
Without further ado, the second installment of the 2015 Online Player of the Year rankings, as of February 23:
2015 NJ Online Player of the Year Rankings*:
*The website listed next to each players name in the NJ POY rankings represents the site that thepokerdb.com recognizes as the players “main” account, but as you can see, nearly all of these players have linked accounts and results from other NJ sites.
- AnthonyMason (888.com) – 17,766.95 (-)
- JohnnyDrama (BoragataPoker) – 16,387.49 (-)
- juice (WSOP.com) – 16,220.75 (-)
- centrfieldr (WSOP.com) – 14,260.31 (-)
- Flawlessbinkage (BorgataPoker) – 13,956.33 (+3)
- gresmaul (888.com) – 13,325.47 (-1)
- jakep474 (partypoker) – 13,019.22 (+4)
- phatdaddy (WSOP.com) – 12,828.82 (-2)
- CharlieBrown (WSOP.com) – 12,696.44 (+4)
- hud_seriously (partypoker) – 12,449.58 (NR)
- sofcknsickk (partypoker) – 12,392.05 (+4)
- Deuxexmachin (WSOP.com) – 12,160.03 (-3)
- PocketProfits (partypoker) – 12,127.73 (NR)
- JayRiv22 (partypoker) – 11,927.37 (NR)
- Thatgood45 (partypoker) – 11,745.59 (NR)
- olmuggins (WSOP.com) – 11,738.66 (NR)
- BlckJck (WSOP.com) – 11,647.54 (-7)
- Hashtag_Hashtag (BorgataPoker)- 11,626.45 (-11)
- schaf4206 (partypoker) – 11,550.95 (NR)
- NoXcape (partypoker) – 11,469.79 (NR)
Dropped off: BiggDaddy (12th), MikeyCasino (14th), LuckySpewy (16th), seedload (17th), Jermz (18th), Luckyriver13 (19th), wolverine17 (20th)
With “AnthonyMason” and the rest of the leaders holding their spots, the only major mover near the top of the New Jersey POY rankings was “Flawlessbinkage” who used two big daily scores to vault into the top five of the rankings after winning a partypoker $10,000 GTD and notching a 2nd place finishing in a $2,000 GTD event over the last week.
While that recent stretch of results was enough to move “Flawlessbinkage” up a few spots, “juice” remains in 3rd place after reaching three Sunday Major final tables over the last two weeks, showing just how difficult it is to make jumps at the top of the rankings.
It doesn’t seem too difficult to make those jumps towards the middle of the rankings though, as “jakep474” and “CharlieBrown” each moved into the top ten, with “CharlieBrown” using a hot run of 888.com NJ High Roller final tables and a $10,000 GTD WSOP.com Sunday Major final table appearance to solidify himself in this week’s top half.
Another big mover this week was Kevin “sofcknsickk” Campbell, who jumped four spots in the rankings to creep closer to the top ten despite missing an entire Sunday Major schedule as he was continuing his hot run in “live” poker, cashing in 13th place for $6,000 in this weekend’s Parx Big Stax 1500 Championship event.
On the other end of the spectrum “BlckJck” and “Hashtag_Hashtag” plummeted from the top ten and with “Hashtag_Hashtag” not earning a single score in two weeks time, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him fall out of next week’s top twenty entirely.
2015 Nevada Online Player of the Year Rankings:
- freezer – 9,752.11 (+1)
- butters – 9,371.04 (-1)
- PaulDewald – 8,259.85 (-)
- helionic – 7,351.89 (-)
- BShriever5 – 7,190.28 (-)
- papaya – 6,962.35 (-)
- scross – 6,902.35 (+2)
- Kody10 – 6,351.46 (NR)
- Carl0sDanger – 6,297.85 (-2)
- legum – 6,099.96 (NR)
Dropped off: brokefinger (8th), scross (9th), cantfakeit (10th)
“freezer” has three massive scores since the last set of rankings came out two weeks ago, as he won a $3,000 and $2,000 GTD daily, as well as notching a podium finish in this past weekend’s $15,000 GTD Sunday Major, with those three scores earning him close to $4,500.
Next week we will bring you another player feature as BLUFF.com will highlight a top contender for both the NJ and Nevada Player of the Year titles.
Latest posts by Will O'Connor (see all)
- New Jersey Begins To Recover, Vegas High Roller Earns ‘Mr_McSpewins” Massive Score - June 29, 2015
- Father’s Day Weekend Continues Recent Online Poker Trends - June 22, 2015
- New Jersey Guarantees Continue To Struggle, WSOP Helping Nevada Crush - June 15, 2015
- “MikeyMillz” Wins Big in Nevada While partypoker’s Jamie Kerstetter Chops in New Jersey - June 8, 2015
- WSOP In Full Swing, Online Championships Adds To Sunday Major Schedule - June 1, 2015