The World Poker Tour announced five stops for the second half of the Season XIII schedule on Wednesday. The tour returns to familiar domestic locations across Florida and California and the tour wraps up its season with the WPT World Championship at the Borgata in April.
“With Season XIII underway, I’m already looking forward to the second half of the schedule,” said WPT Executive Tournament Director Matt Savage. “Soon enough the WPT Player of the Year race will heat up, and we’ll see the best players in the game travel to all of the premiere properties on the World Poker Tour and compete on the biggest stages in poker. I will once again be the tournament director of the California Swing, which was won by Michael Rocco in Season XII.”
WPT Season XIII Second Half Schedule
- WPT Lucky Hearts Poker Open – Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – February 5 – 11
- WPT LA Poker Classic – Commerce Casino – February 28 – March 5
- WPT Bay 101 Shooting Star Classic – Bay 101 Casino – March 9 – 13
- WPT Rolling Thunder – Thunder Valley Casino Resort – March 14 – 18
- WPT Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown – Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – April 16 – 22
- WPT World Championship – Borgata Hotel & Casino – April 24 – 29
The LAPC, Bay 101, the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown and the season-ending WPT World Championship will be filmed for TV. The SHRPS features a $5 million guarantee for the main event and the event set the record for the largest field in WPT history with 1,795 entries in Season XII.
The WPT brought back the popular California Swing for a second year and the player who collects the most points at the California events wins a special package for the California Swing in 2016. The package includes six nights at the Commerce Casino’s Crowne Plaza Hotel, ground transportation, Shooting Star status for the Bay 101, air travel to the event and five nights in a suite at Thunder Valley Casino Resort.
Rocco won the first California Swing Player of the Series contest and was awarded 10 nights of accommodations at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, a private jet to San Jose for the Bay 101 and five nights stay at the Thunder Valley Casino Resort for the upcoming.
Every main event winner this season also receives a Hublot King Power Unico watch and pair of 24K™ Monster headphones. Monster and Hublot are official partners with the WPT.
Latest posts by Paul Oresteen (see all)
- Blake Bohn is Short Stacked in the Main Event but Long on Experience - July 14, 2015
- New Jersey Online Player Thomas Cannuli Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 13, 2015
- Andrew Moreno Believes He’s Headed for the November Nine - July 13, 2015
- Steve Gross Staying in the Moment Despite Playing for Millions - July 13, 2015
- Former National Champ Jonathan Hilton Inching Toward November Nine - July 12, 2015