The World Poker Tour is headed back to New Jersey. And Canada. And South Africa. And Florida. And Las Vegas. On Wednesday the first nine stops on the Season XIII schedule was announced with more than a slew full of familiar stops.
“Coming off a very successful Season XII highlighted by some record-setting numbers and fantastic new locations, the World Poker Tour marches into lucky Season XIII with more new global stops and many of the great tournaments that have made the WPT the most player-friendly tour in poker,” said WPT Executive Tour Director Matt Savage.
The first televised stop of the season is the Legends of Poker at the Bicycle Casino just outside of Los Angeles. Running August 23 – 29 the event features a $3,500 + $200 buy-in. The Legends of Poker has been a WPT stop since the first season and last year drew a field of 716.
The second televised WPT event of the season is back in Atlantic City, NJ. The Borgata Poker Open, with a $3,300 + $200 buy-in. The WPT Invitational returns to the schedule for Season XIII, this time in Atlantic City on the heels of the Borgata Poker Open and with the name of one of the WPT corporate sponsors, Monster Headphones, attached. The WPT Invitational had been a mainstay on the Tour as part of the LA Poker Classic until last season when no event was held.
Other stops announced include the bestbet Poker Scramble in Jacksonville, FL, WPT Montreal at the Playground Poker Club and last WPT event of 2014 the WPT Five Diamond World Poker Classic at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
“Season XII was a monumental year for the World Poker Tour and our partners around the globe,” said WPT President Adam Pliska. “From the WPT World Championship held for the first time at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, a 1,795 record-setting field at the WPT Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown, and a greater than 50% increase in our viewership on FOX Sports Networks to our new collaboration with DeepStacks Poker Tour and three multi-year partnership deals with DraftKings, Monster Headphones, and Swiss luxury watch brand Hublot, we couldn’t be happier with our expansion during Season XII or more excited about our plans for Season XIII.”
The non-televised stops on the main tour include the partypoker WPT Merit Classic North Cyprus, the WPT Emperors Palace Poker Classic in Johannesburg, South Africa and the partypoker WPT UK at the Dusk Til Dawn club in London, England. This marks the first time the WPT has held an event at the legendary Dusk Til Dawn club.
WPT Season XIII Schedule
- WPT Legends of Poker// Bicycle Casino, Bell Gardens, CA // Aug 23 – 29 // $3,500 + $200 (televised)
- partypoker WPT Merit Classic North Cyprus // Merit Crystal Cove Casino // Kyrenia, North Cyprus // Sep 4 – 10 //$4,000 + $400 (non-televised)
- WPT Borgata Poker Open // Borgata Hotel & Casino // Atlantic City, NJ // Sep 14 – 19 // $3,300 + $200 (televised)
- WPT Foundation Monster Invitational // Borgata Hotel & Casino // Atlantic City, NJ // Sep 21 // Invitational (televised)
- WPT bestbet Poker Scramble // bestbet // Jacksonville, FL // Nov 7 – 11 // $4,650 + 350 (televised)
- WPT Emperors Palace Poker Classic // Emperors Palace Hotel Casino // Johannesburg, South Africa // Nov 13 – 16 // $3,300 + 300 (non-televised)
- partypoker WPT UK // Dusk Til Dawn // Nottingham, UK // Nov 18 – 23 // £3,000 (non-televised)
- WPT Montreal // Playground Poker Club // Montreal, Canada // Nov 20 – 26 // $3,500 + $350 (televised)
- WPT Five Diamond World Poker Classic // Bellagio // Las Vegas, NV // Dec 15 – 20 $10,000 + $300 (televised)
Latest posts by Lance Bradley (see all)
- Bated Breath: Daniel Negreanu On the Verge of the November Nine - July 14, 2015
- Roommates Chad Power and Chris Brand Sharing Main Event Success - July 13, 2015
- Sports Reporter Jeff Platt Back in the WSOP Main Event Spotlight - July 11, 2015
- In For a Penny: Tommy Yates Hopes to Keep WSOP Main Event Run Going - July 11, 2015
- Akash Malik Hoping to Represent India Come November - July 10, 2015