With so much going on during Day 1A of the 2014 World Series of Poker Main Event, it’s hard to keep up with it all. In order to give you a glimpse into what’s going on at the Rio, the staff at BLUFF has combed through Twitter to find the best, most informative and funniest pieces of content put out on social media Saturday afternoon.
– Phil Laak has been known to go over the top with his outfits, including on occasion where he put on old man makeup in order to avoid detection in the WSOP Main Event. Laak has scaled thing back a bit over the last couple of years, apart from the giant goggles he continues to wear, but as Jennifer Tilly captured it, Saturday’s outfit seems to have come straight out of a cheesy low-budget 80’s sci fi movie.
— Jennifer Tilly (@Jtillathekilla2) July 5, 2014
– Bill Perkins was a somewhat surprising no-show for the $1 million Big One for One Drop, but he immediately found himself at the featured table upon starting the 2014 WSOP Main Event, sitting between 2012 Main Event champion Greg Merson and 2013 Main Event champion Ryan Riess. Perkins struggled early in the day, and hoped his good friend Antonio Esfandiari might help him rally some support for him to the main stage.
— Bill Perkins (Guy) (@bp22) July 5, 2014
– Josh Arieh had a keen observation about the lounge set up just off of the Main Stage set, though King of the Bracelet doesn’t sound quite as smooth as King of the Ring. For reference, this image of Randy Savage should give you a better idea of what Arieh’s talking about.
— Joshua Arieh (@golferjosh) July 5, 2014
– Chris Lindh’s 2013 WSOP Main Event run was derailed just before the final table, thanks in part to a big pot against eventual champion Ryan Riess. If they’re to battle head-to-head again, it won’t happen for the next few days.
— Chris Lindh (@LINDHsanity) July 5, 2014
– Phil Ivey’s bracelet win earned Ivey and Daniel Negreanu a big chunk of money in bracelet bets, but Negreanu narrowly missed out on two bracelet wins of his own this summer. Sometimes you just have to needle the people you care about the most.
— Phil Ivey (@philivey) July 5, 2014
– Andy Bloch’s building quite a stack so far on Day 1A, but the move towards oversized chips is just getting out of hand.
Growing my stack of oranges. pic.twitter.com/myckbwftCb
— Andy Bloch (@Andy_Bloch) July 5, 2014
– Some players are still trying to win their way into the 2014 Main Event, and with a big overlay expected in the 25 Seat satellite on WSOP.com there’s a rare opportunity to multi-table a live and online tournament that each have the exact same prize.
Yo dawg, I heard you like WSOP mega sats pic.twitter.com/OM7CnCHLcR
— Mike Wang (@miw210) July 6, 2014
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015