Mornings are never fun. The best way to manage them – to get through them really – is to create a routine. For most people that means a shower, a commute, a coffee and spending the first 15 minutes of your day procrastinating before getting your workday started. Here at BLUFF, we think The Ante should be a key part of your routine. Every weekday we bring you all the poker news you might have missed and get you ready to take on your day.
WSOP Conference Call Reveals a Few More Details About This Summer’s Series
The annual WSOP conference call took place Tuesday afternoon, with the brass at Caesars and reigning World Champion Ryan Riess revealing some new information about the 2014 WSOP and fielding questions from media outlets. Among the highlights were a few important details and developments, including:
- Confirmation that players will be allowed to use laptops to play online at the tables this summer.
- New Chairs
- Hash House A-Go-Go Replacing the Sao Paolo Cafe at the Rio
- 100 seats to WSOP events already won on WSOP.com, plans for up to 100 more seats by the end of the summer
- Players will be able to late register for six levels in most WSOP bracelet events
- Ryan Riess is trying to sell enough action to play the Big One for One Drop, but pointed to the difficulty of raising money for such a big buy-in.
Mike Matusow’s Life Story Set to Be Told in Made for TV Movie
Mike Matusow’s 2012 autobiography Check-Raising the Devil, which he co-wrote with Ami Calistri and TIm Lavalli, is being turned into a movie according to numerous sources. Many of the details behind the project remain unclear, but Matusow’s manager Rich Belsky confirmed his and Matusow’s level of involvement in the upcoming film.
— Rich Belsky (@richbelsky) May 13, 2014
Matusow’s Twitter account has been made private in the last day, making his comments on the project unviewable for the time being.
Liverpool Striker Luis Suarez Becomes Brand Ambassador for 888 Poker
— Luis Suarez (@luis16suarez) May 14, 2014
Luis Suarez became the latest superstar athlete to dip his toe in the poker waters Wednesday by signing on as a brand ambassador for 888Poker. Suarez, who led the English Premier League in goals scored for Liverpool this season and will represent Uruguay in the upcoming World Cup, joins the likes of Georges St-Pierre and Shane Warne on Team 888. He won multiple Player of the Year awards along with the EPL Golden Boot, and Suarez joins the likes of Rafa Nadal as one of the highest profile athletes in the world to affiliate himself with an online poker site.
Ultimate Poker Hosts ‘Run it Up Live’ with Jason Somerville as Part of Poker NV Challenge in Reno
Run it Up Live is a five day event hosted by Jason Somerville and sponsored by Ultimate Poker as part of the Poker NV Challenge at the Peppermill Casino in Reno, Nevada. For five days starting on Wednesday, players will be invited to participate in a wide variety of events, including tournaments, cash games, hangouts, seminars and live streams hosted by Somerville, whose Run it Up series on Youtube has generated a lot of interest from players and the inspiration for this event. The trophy for a special Run it Up event, which you can see dwarfing Danielle Andersen’s head in the photo at the top of this page, will also be awarded.
The Main Event of the NV Challenge is an $1,100 buy-in tournament with a $100,000 guaranteed prizepool, starting on Saturday, May 17. Be sure to catch Somerville on the cover of the May issue of BLUFF Magazine, which is now available on newsstands and the BLUFF Mobile app.
Latest posts by Tim Fiorvanti (see all)
- Things Are Getting Real for Joe McKeehen on the Thunderdome Stage - July 14, 2015
- Justin Schwartz Seeks End to Dark Days with Deep Main Event Run - July 14, 2015
- Pierre Neuville Lives Post-Retirement Poker Dreams to the Fullest - July 13, 2015
- Moneymaker Legend Grows as Bruce Peery Takes WSOP Main Event Lead - July 12, 2015
- Justin Bonomo Chips Up, Busts His Friends Deep in WSOP Main Event - July 12, 2015